Wednesday, December 15, 2010

a vegetarian lifestyle.

the thing about jerky is, i don't want to see it until it's done.
but my momma whips out her meat slicer today and i get
that nauseas feeling inside, the one that makes your stomach
all knotty. and then, before i can escape the horror of raw
meat being splat on the slicer, she asks me to help her out.
ah shucks. so there i sit, grabbing paper thin slices of meat 
as she cranks the blade back and forth. 

oh please bless.

i'm getting light headed and my hands are feeling tingly. the
stench of raw meat is smothering me. i resist the urge to gag
multiple times, and i fail. multiple times. sometimes i try to grab
the piece of meat and the stringy fat is stuck on the blade.
more gagging. i keep my hands away from my face. i refuse
to touch anything, that reeking smell is liquid all over them. and
i'm lightheaded as i walk to the sink. this isn't good. 

my sister thinks its funny to discuss meat packing plants and
the slaughtering of animals for human satisfaction because it
irritates me. right now, the overwhelming urge to purge has
drowned out my irritability. 

heavens, please stop.

so there you go.
i hate meat.
i hate the taste.
i hate the texture.
i hate knowing how we got it.
i hate knowing that we eat it.
i hate the smell.
i hate the look of raw meat.

i'm definitely not the carnivore type.

No comments:

Post a Comment