Saturday, April 2, 2011

you might need to pee like crazy.

today, i had to get an ultrasound.
which sounds weird enough as it is, but the doctor wanted to check and see
if i have a parasite or a bacteria living in my stomach. but, they ask you not
to eat anything before the ultrasound. they insist you have a full bladder though,
so i woke up at seven today and started chugging water. my appointment was at
eight:thirty. for simplicity's sake - i really had to pee. when my ultrasonographer
(i think that's what she called herself) started pushing  that goop and the camera
thingy on my pelvis, i was about to wet the bed. my mom was laughing her head off.
i might have cried, but i didn't. for the next 25 minutes of goop-rubbing and weird
black & white ultrasound picture taking, all i could think of was not peeing my pants.

i took bathroom breaks on ten minute intervals after that.

and this post, because i thought you might want to know
how often you'll have to pee if you get an ultrasound.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i've always wondered about that so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "for simplicity's sake"
    haha. takes me back to ap biology.

    ReplyDelete