Tuesday, January 11, 2011

day three: the parentals.

they gave me life. and in return i let them change my diapers, spend their earned money on me, and let them listen to me complain about how difficult being a teenager is. i take them for granted. of course they've been the two most influential people in my life, and i don't think i tell them or show them how my i love them as much as i should.

my dad: sees life in black and white, serves more than any person i have ever met, buys me packs of gum just because, has had grey hair as long as i can remember him, is not the affectionate type - but when he is, you know he means it, is my biggest fan, made me a hard worker, honors his priesthood and has a strong relationship with his Heavenly Father, plays indoor soccer, thinks he's hysterical but really knows how to make me laugh.

my mom: is an example of motivation, isn't afraid to work, taught me the meaning of passion, passed down the crybaby syndrome, wants me to be happy, is an incredible artist, has a strong testimony of the gospel and God's plan for her, has the curliest hair i've seen, passed down the short-gene, is someone i can talk to always, sings alto with me, writes poems like me, is independent and capable of standing on her own, cooks like a pro.

i don't know who i would be without them, and i think i need to be more appreciative and tell them how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment