Monday, December 20, 2010

in the face of adversity,

D&C 121:7
My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

Alma 34:41
But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.

Alma 31:31
O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me..

Ether 12:6
..for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope

any others? those scriptures that give you hope in hard times?
i wrote a little poem a while ago.


We're Never Alone:
Lonesome, and weathered, our journey can be,
weary, and unable to carry on.
But my Savior, Christ, calls "Come unto me,"
He listens and hears our sad-heart songs.

Brother, Redeemer, help lighten my load
on my knees, will I come to thee.
These burdens weigh down, on life's trying roads.
My Lord, My God, draw nigh unto me.

In the darkest of nights, temptations thrive,
attacking souls, famished from lack of light.
But Christ falters not, stands strong by our side.
Reassured and secured, our hope ignites.

Hope in the atonement, He died for ME,
MY sorrows and sins in the Olive Press,
were bled from each pore in Gethsemane
His unconditional love was professed.

He'll never leave us alone on our way,
and if we are humble, He will provide
comfort, advice, and strength in our days,
peace and renewed faith, in Him we confide.

No comments:

Post a Comment