Saturday, May 1, 2010

prom night

On that fateful night of May 7th, 1994, a crying baby emerged from her mother's womb and was pronounced Kirsten Chase Goodman. Little did her mother know that 15 years later she would be turning 16 just six days after her first Prom and would not be able to attend despite the boy who had summed up enough courage to ask her.
Yes, that girl is me. While all of my wonderful friends are spending their May 1st at Prom in the Thanksgiving Point Barn, I'm at home watching marathons of Avatar the Last Airbender and reruns of ANTM and River Monsters.
Kudos Mom, if you would have squirted me out six days earlier, I could be in a pretty prom dress partying with all my pals. Love you too.

On the optimistic side of things: I bought shoes today. Green & black wannabe vans from my local, loyal, walmart and some gladiator sandals. Also, I set up an appointment to purchase a motor scooter, 2006 Yamaha Vino, 125cc to be precise, this Monday after I have my soccer practice and get fittings for my bridesmaid dress. This coming Sunday, aka tomorrow, I will be receiving my Patriarchal Blessing at approximately 7:00 p.m. To top it off, My 16th birthday is this coming Friday, in which case I will be driving up to Draper to get my license because my local DMV is not open on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Thanks guys, you're wonderful. My last soccer game is on Tuesday against Sparta. Hallelujah I do not have to put up with my immature coach any longer. I'm not sure I could handle another week with her!

operation morp date is underway.
(: goodnight mater!

No comments:

Post a Comment